Friday, June 12, 2009

Safari 4: Great in both Mac and Windows

I tested the Safari 4 Beta from its initial testing stage (when it was publicly made available; I'm no Apple Developer) up to a couple days ago when it finally went out of beta stage on my 2nd Gen White Macbook. I was not too happy with the Safari 4 beta, as i found myself still going back to Firefox 3.5 (also in beta), primarily because of it (Safari 4) still being a bit of a memory hog aside from the tolerable frequency appearance of the dreadful beach ball.


But, ho-ho-ho! The just released final Safari 4, blew me away! What a BIG improvement and great browser experience this piece of software brings. Forget the ouster of the 'tabs on top' or the 'progress bar in the menubar' or any other miniscule 'i shall miss that' features, this browser is fast, really fast, it blew me away when i first used it; browsing is just more fluid, and of course Apple's design aesthetics mixed with unquestionable function is ever evident here (i.e. coverflow view for history and bookmarks).

What surprised me more and made me even love Safari 4 is how it also seamlessly integrates itself in Windows, specifically Windows 7, which i am testing via VMWare Fusion. Same fluidity, same aesthetics, same speed - and without pushing the Mac interface down your throat! (Hope they could do that to iTunes for Windows as well, but that's another story)

So now i am floored! Safari 4 is my second most favorite browser, ever. Next to Google Chrome (when it releases its final version for Macs, which i hope would be really soon).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails